Sunday, May 15, 2011

Busy Day

Today my husband and I took the dogs to a little dog park. Between that and the pet store we walked about 2.0 miles. I wear my pedometer all the time, so I know how far I go. Along with my 50 Miles in May group, I have a goal to average 10,000 steps a day. I'm a little behind so far this month.

Moved my weight bench out to the garage, where I have a gym set up. My husband got a DVD player hooked up out there so I can do all of my workouts, although it is much easier to do Zumba on our hardwood floors inside.

Today I did P90X Legs and Back. It felt easier overall, though I know I'll still be sore tomorrow. I can't do chin-ups - there is absolutely nowhere on our property where my chin-up bar will work. So I do bentover rows with my barbell instead. It still works my back.

I am planning on doing a 2 day on, 1 day off program as this seems to work best for my body. Sometimes I need an extra rest day. Even though I have a recovery drink, I still get the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) really bad. 14 years ago I could work out 6 days in a row, but these days I need more rest time. It's all good, though, my body is in better shape than it was 14 years ago! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment